Junior designers need to be good in three areas:
* Good communicator
* Good listener
* Good problem solver
Junior designers can figure out the rest as they need to.
If stakeholders aren’t understanding the benefits of good UX design, it’s your fault, not theirs!
Your UX goal is to help your company become more UX design mature.
Make stakeholders in your company UX literate.
So they know the difference between good and bad UX design.
Stakeholders sitting in on usability testing.
Make stakeholders in your company UX fluent.
So they know how to make UX design decisions.
Co Design workshops with stakeholders.
Help stakeholders master the UX craft.
Five things Executives care about:
1. Increasing revenue.
2. Decreasing cost.
3. Increasing number of new customers.
4. Increase revenue coming from existing customers.
5. Shareholder value (Looking after the businesses long-term viability and sustainability).
Dramatically increase your chances of Executives paying attention to your new designs by presenting them in one or more of the following ways:
* These designs will increase revenue by …
* These designs will decrease cost by …
* These designs will increase number of new customers by …
* These designs will increase revenue coming from existing customers by …
* These designs will increase our long-term viability by …
* These designs will increase our long-term sustainability …
Note: DS (Design System) is essentially loads of reusable components, all of which are styled up in the same way.
Example of how to sell a DS to executives
How will a DS decrease costs?
DS will decrease cost by allowing developers to do parts of their work faster.
How will a DS increase the number of new customers?
DS will make all our digital products coherent (logical and consistent). Customers will be reassured of our quality by seeing consistencies throughout our digital products, intern this will increase our chance of sales.
How will a DS increase revenue coming from existing customers?
The DS will remove learning barriers, existing customers will NOT have to learn new design patterns for other digital products that we offer.